Monday 8 June 2015

The day has finally come!!

As I lie here, nestled in my duvet, my whole body is fizzing with excitement.  My toes are subconsciously curling and I can't stop smiling. I think you have guessed why...  I am no longer in my airy, double glazed Georgian flat, I am tucked away in Puku's little sleeping cabin for the very first time.

At about 7pm tonight, after several hours of packing and cleaning, I set the burglar alarm and closed the door of my flat for the very last time.  I squeaked with excitement, bounced down the stairs and drove my car, laden with my worldly possessions, off towards my new home. Not far mind you: three streets and thirty seconds later I swung into my new driveway to be greeted by Puku peeking at me from behind the dangling branches of a beautiful horse chestnut tree.

This may seem like a fairly simple undertaking, but the journey we have both been on just to get to this point is worthy of a moments reflection and and celebration.  This is my dream coming true. 

Some people see vehicles as mere objects, but this old girl has a beautiful energy.  She feels like a grandmother, inviting you in to her gentle, loving, mischeivous heart. And as I began to unload my boxes, I sensed a new partnership, a vow to future adventures, form. Which may explain why the pair of us have already had a scrape with the local law enforcement..

But that's a tale for another day.  Right now I need to figure out how I'm going to pee. In my excited flurry to move in I seem to have neglected to plan for natures most basic of callings..



Mmm, bubbles and beautiful views.




Meal number one amongst all my piles of possessions? It has to be take away as I sit and dream about the interior design challenges ahead of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment