Sunday 14 June 2015

Week one in pictures..

Day 1 and I'm in! Along with all my belongings.. Thank goodness for all that space in the horse part:

I walked to the local cafe for takeout and a rainbow appeared overhead on my way home!  Must be a good omen:

Home, tired, hungry and happy. Supper number one, not the most glamorous of meals but food has never tasted so good!


Hmm, night falls. Didn't think about electricity. 

Day three and electricity came, for a short while.. until I moved the truck, forgetting she was plugged in, and snapped the hook up. Mr Clarke (my A-level physics teacher) would have been proud: I stripped the wires (with a bread knife), re-connected the ends, insulated them with spare cable covering and crossed my fingers. Well, more like, crossed my fingers, moved the gas bottle out the way, hid behind a wall and flicked the switch:

And hey presto! My newly purchased LED sticky-back wall lighting shone into existence:

and so I got busy putting it up. It provides a much warmer glow than the picture portrays..
(you'll be pleased to hear that since then, not only has my lovely neighbour fixed my cable properly, but I have installed a massive solar panel to give me all the energy I need 😎)

Day four and trouble is brewing. One of the flat owners is out to get me. Gypsies and traveller folk are very common up here (unlike hippies, who seem to stick to the warm, tolerant womb of the South West) and have a very bad rep. I've heard second and third hand that this person wants me gone, despite everyone else being wonderful and warm and welcoming.  I put this sign in my window to try and speak with him - he's not introduced himself and doesn't live in the building so I have no way of being able to talk to him.  You'll see I've signed Dr Parker - that's because he thinks it's a man living here!! That's how little he knows! 


Nevertheless, home improvements continue! Saturday morning I went to a really sweet little garden centre. I got so excited and nearly bought everything in sight! I have plans to put hooks on the outside of Puku to hang box planters so that I can have flowers, herbs and veggies growing.. This visit I made do with some Busy Lizzie's (apt I thought!), a Moroccan mint so I could make tea, and some sunflower plants to bring happy sunshine vibes:

I still need a few more old pots to make it look pretty, but it's a joy coming home to a green step:

Celebrate! Not only do I have cute plants but I have gas. I swapped my old bottle today (Sunday) and just in time - the weather has turned so the stove is doubling up as a heater.. I can not wait to cook a lazy Sunday breakfast next weekend!! 

I LOVE my neighbours ❤️❤️❤️❤️ I came home to this! I can only surmise that this is their response to Martin the Mean saying I have to leave the back yard by tomorrow...  Brilliant!!!! He can't argue with that!!

That's it for now... I'll let you all know how Martin the Mean takes the blockade..

2 comments:

  1. Looking good Lizzie, i think you may need to get a good dog, just to be safe! Is it more spacious than out little bodega in Panama ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little dog... I can't wait! Maybe I could have one of your two gorgeous little pups! So cute!
      Definitely not bigger than your place.. Day living space is 14x8x8ft! Miss you xxx

      Delete