Tuesday 9 June 2015

The morning after the night before..

I'm sitting on my sofa, sipping some french press, listening to the morning chorus as the sun streams in through the open windows and door.  I don't think I've been this excited about waking up since I stopped believing in Father Christmas...

Going to sleep up in my little cubby hole last night was so lovely, it felt like a cocoon. There's room for my queen sized mattress so I'm not exactly slumming it but height is a premium - with the mattress there I can't sit up tall in bed... but to be fair right now I don't care! In a week I suspect my view will have shifted towards one of structural design, welding and roof heightening. Or just blasphemy.

As for personal grooming/living, there are a few "must buy" items: the obvious (I mentioned last night),a gas tank to allow me to start cooking, and a brown water tank to collect my waste water - brushing my teeth last night I realised my sink emptied onto the path beneath me. Holding frothy toothpaste in my mouth whilst putting on shoes to go and find a suitable spot to spit reminded me of the many pieces to this puzzle, and the long long road to conversion I have ahead of me. 

This was just meant to be a little hurrah! piece.. I have to get to work :) but now the ball is rolling and the mighty project has begun I will be sharing the ride: the good, the bad and the ugly, as often as I get the time..



The simple things give the greatest pleasure: my first morning, my first coffee.


And the realisation of the chaos within! Usually when my house is in chaos it reflects my mind, but today I have great clarity and calmness.

No comments:

Post a Comment