Wednesday 13 July 2016

Week one of Europe in photos

For the non-instagrammers amongst you, here is a photo walk through my last week:

The ever obliging Shaun helping me with some last minute welding to create a cage for my 15kg gas tank ... without his kindness I would be showering and eating cold for this entire trip!

Hiding out in the truck for part of the ferry crossing! Naughty I know but I sort of had permission.. 

We made it! A very peaceful first night in a small seaside town near Dunkirk. And an incredibly sociable morning the following day as I sat on my balcony drinking coffee! The world and his dog went past, and almost everyone stopped to chat:

The obligatory morning coffee view:

Did I mention the perfect location?

My refugee camp pass:


And the women's refuge area 'office' piled high with my cupcakes and kit!

Early as we are just setting up there are only a few people there:

But word soon gets around:

And the artistic flair really shows (not with my work though!!)

Too delicious to hang around for long, they one by one get chosen and eaten by other children. Even with the excitement there was a lot of respect amongst the residents.

So pleased to have visited, but sad to have to leave so soon, on we went to Belgium.. The land of low bridges and terrible signage!

And this really freaky window display showing literally thousands of handmade dolls..

Annalie and Matt, my campsite saviours. This is us living it up with a full fry up on Puck's deck. Good luck with everything you guys, and thank you for the hammock! I love it 💕

Amusing myself in one of many gridlock moments that day. Brugges - Bouillon.

The location I thought we would have to sleep in..

Until this one became apparent (read the previous blog entry to find out more!)

Idyllic morning coffee views:


Sunset that evening in the random farmers field after I had given up on driving any further!

Happy dance! When we made it to the spot I thought looked nice on the map we were rewarded with something even better! And to top it off I not only met Alfons the very kind and interesting ex-priest who gave me his house keys, but Hervé a charming vet/ornithologist. 

And a little bit of Skyla love for you..

Until next time! 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment